Licensing of activities in the field of communication
Licensing of activities in the field of communications is governed by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 450 of September 1, 2010 “On Licensing of Certain Types of Activities”
The right to obtain a license is granted to legal entities of the Republic of Belarus, individual entrepreneurs registered in the Republic of Belarus, foreign legal entities and organizations established under the laws of foreign states subject to a duly organized representative office in the Republic of Belarus.
In case of the provision of public telecommunication services using radio-frequency spectrum, a license applicant shall comply with a licensing requirement (condition) stipulating for a decision of a competent authority on assignment of relevant radio-frequency bands, channels or radio-frequencies for operation of radio-electronic facilities.
The list of communication services subject to licensing:
public postal services:
Documents required for license application, license amendments or renewals are accepted in the Ministry of Communications and Informatization every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (break hours from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.) in the reception room. The above-mentioned documents shall not be forwarded by a license applicant (licensee) or his/her authorized representative by post or to the administrative support office of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization.
Documents required for obtaining a license:
1. A license application completed on a company’s letterhead of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur.
2. Copies* of constituent documents of a legal entity.
3. A copy* of the document confirming the state registration of a legal entity, individual entrepreneur.
4. Document confirming the payment of the State duty for the license issuance containing a signature of a bank official, date done and original bank stamp.
5. Information sheet in the form prescribed by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization.
6. A list of documents submitted for obtaining a license.
A license application shall be considered by a licensing authority within 15 working days from the date of the documents receipt.
Documents required for amending a license:
1. An application for amendments to a license for carrying out activities in the field of communications completed on a company’s letterhead of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur.
2. Documents (copies thereof)* confirming the need of amending a special permit (license).
3. Information sheet in the form prescribed by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization to amend a special permit (license) with regard to inclusion of information on separate units, including branches, extension of the list of rendered services subject to licensing or of the licensed territory.
4. Document confirming the payment of the State duty for the license amendments containing a signature of a bank official, date done and original bank stamp.
5. A list of documents submitted for amending a license.
A licensing authority accepts the documents submitted for license amendments, considers them and takes a relevant decision in the manner prescribed for license issuance.
The licensing authority accepts the documents submitted for the modification and (or) a license, review them and make an appropriate decision in the manner prescribed for the issuance of a license.
To renew a license a licensee or his/her authorized representative shall not later than one month and not earlier than 3 months prior to the expiration of a license submit to an appropriate licensing authority an application for a license renewal completed on a company’s letterhead of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur with a document confirming the payment of the state duty for license renewal enclosed. The decision on a license renewal or refusal to renew a license shall be taken by a licensing authority within 10 working days on the basis of an application submitted by a licensee.
Along with the documents required to obtain, amend or renew a license, a license applicant (licensee) or his/her authorized representative shall also submit:
an identification document and a document confirming the powers of the head of a legal entity (an appointment order, or an abstract from a decision of a general meeting, the board or any other governing body of a legal entity, or an employment agreement (contract) or a civil-law contract) – for the head of a legal entity;
a power of attorney issued by a foreign organization – for the head of a representative office of a foreign organization;
an identification document – for an individual entrepreneur;
an identification document and power of attorney – for an authorized representative of a license applicant.
Payment of the state duty:
Beneficiary: the State Treasury Department of Minsk City
Bank: JSC “JSSB Belarusbank”, Minsk, bank’s branch No. 524, bank code 795;
Settlement account: 3602911030013;
Code of payment: 03001 (for license issuance, amendment or renewal);
Taxpayer Identification Number: 100059879.
The state duty equivalent to 8 basic units is charged for issuance of a license, and the state duty equivalent to 4 basic units is charged for a license amendment or renewal.
* Each page is stamped copies of the license applicant and signature of the legal entity (individual entrepreneur)