Licensing of activities in the field of communication
Licensing of activities in the field of communications is governed by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 450 of September 1, 2010 “On Licensing of Certain Types of Activities”
The right to obtain a license is granted to legal entities of the Republic of Belarus, individual entrepreneurs registered in the Republic of Belarus, foreign legal entities and organizations established under the laws of foreign states subject to a duly organized representative office in the Republic of Belarus.
In case of the provision of public telecommunication services using radio-frequency spectrum, a license applicant shall comply with a licensing requirement (condition) stipulating for a decision of a competent authority on assignment of relevant radio-frequency bands, channels or radio-frequencies for operation of radio-electronic facilities.
The list of communication services subject to licensing:
· public telecommunication services:
· international telephone connection service;
· long-distance telephone connection service;
· local telephone connection service;
· data transmission services, IP-based telephony services, IP-television service;
· mobile telecommunication services (except for cellular mobile telecommunication services);
· television programs broadcasting services;
· audio programs broadcasting services;
· satellite fixed and mobile telecommunication services;
· cellular mobile telecommunication services;
public postal services:
· mail forwarding;
· subscription to printed media and delivery of printed media.
Documents required for license application, license amendments are accepted in the Ministry of Communications and Informatization every Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (break hours from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.) in the reception room. The above-mentioned documents shall not be forwarded by a license applicant (licensee) or his/her authorized representative by post or to the administrative support office of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization.
Documents required for obtaining a license:
1. A license application completed on a company’s letterhead of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur.
2. Document confirming the payment of the State duty for the license issuance containing a signature of a bank official, date done and original bank stamp.
3. Information sheet in the form prescribed by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization.
4. A list of documents submitted for obtaining a license.
A license application shall be considered by a licensing authority within 15 working days from the date of the documents receipt.
Documents required for amending a license:
1. An application for amendments to a license for carrying out activities in the field of communications completed on a company’s letterhead of a legal entity or individual entrepreneur.
2. Documents (copies thereof)* confirming the need of amending a special permit (license).
3. Information sheet in the form prescribed by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization to amend a special permit (license) with regard to inclusion of information on separate units, including branches, extension of the list of rendered services subject to licensing or of the licensed territory.
4. Document confirming the payment of the State duty for the license amendments containing a signature of a bank official, date done and original bank stamp.
5. A list of documents submitted for amending a license.
A licensing authority accepts the documents submitted for license amendments, considers them and takes a relevant decision in the manner prescribed for license issuance.
Along with the documents required to obtain, amend a license, a license applicant (licensee) or his/her authorized representative shall also submit:
an identification document and a document confirming the powers of the head of a legal entity (an appointment order, or an abstract from a decision of a general meeting, the board or any other governing body of a legal entity, or an employment agreement (contract) or a civil-law contract) – for the head of a legal entity;
a power of attorney issued by a foreign organization – for the head of a representative office of a foreign organization;
an identification document – for an individual entrepreneur;
an identification document and power of attorney – for an authorized representative of a license applicant.
Payment of the state duty:
Recipient of funds: Main Department of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Belarus for Minsk;
The beneficiary's bank: JSCB ASB Belarusbank, Minsk, BIC of AKBBBY2X bank;
Settlement account: BY04AKBB36029110100040000000;
Purpose of payment: 03001 (for issuing a license, making changes and (or) additions to the license, extending the term of the license, issuing a duplicate, for providing information from the license register);
The state duty equivalent to 10 basic units is charged for issuance of a license, and the state duty equivalent to 5 basic units is charged for a license amendment.
* Each page is stamped copies of the license applicant and signature of the legal entity (individual entrepreneur)