Informatization is the organizational, socio-economic and scientific-technical process, which provides conditions for the formation and use of information resources and the implementation of information relations.
Activity of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus in the field of informatization:
- provide of realization of an unified governmental (state) policy;
- prepare and provide of realization of governmental (state) programs;
- prepare of drafts of normative legal acts;
- work coordination on creation and the state registration of information resources;
- establish requirement of compatibility of information resources, information systems and information networks;
- prepare and approve the regulations for the information resources operation and interaction, as well as for information systems and information networks;
- work coordination in the field of technical regulation and standardization, to confirm that created, used and maintained information resources, information systems and information networks correspond to requirements of technical normative legal acts in the field of technical regulation and standardization;
- stimulate the creation of information technologies, information systems and information networks;
- implement the work in the field of international cooperation, including international organizations interaction, ensuring maintenance of performance of obligations under the international contracts of the Republic of Belarus.